Examples of 'alight' in a Sentence
1. Watch as the dragonflies alight on the lily pads in the pond.
2. The sparrow is quick to alight on the windowsill every morning.
3. When you alight from the bus, you will see the museum across the street.
4. The actor's face seemed to alight with emotion during his performance.
5. The leaves will alight on the water, creating a beautiful, colorful mosaic.
6. The parachute will alight on the ground with precision if the wind conditions are right.
7. If you sprinkle sugar water on flowers, hummingbirds may alight to drink.
8. The spacecraft is scheduled to alight on the moon's surface tomorrow.
9. The performer's cape seemed to alight as the stage lights hit the sequins.
10. The snowflakes gently alight on the ground, blanketing the earth in white.
11. The fairy lights in the garden alight as dusk approaches.
12. A sense of calm will alight upon the room when you light the scented candles.
13. The acrobat will alight on the trapeze with grace and agility.
14. During autumn, leaves alight on the surface of the lake, creating a picturesque view.