Examples of 'amiss' in a Sentence
1. The company's financial reports hinted that something might be amiss.
2. The eerie stillness of the haunted house left us feeling that all was amiss.
3. The strange noise in the attic suggested that something was amiss.
4. The toddler's uncontrollable crying indicated that he felt something was amiss.
5. The misplaced documents left the office in chaos, and employees knew something was amiss.
6. The disheveled appearance of the room told her that her brother had been up to something amiss.
7. The pilot's uneasy feeling signaled that there might be something amiss with the plane.
8. The broken window at the store suggested that a break-in had occurred and all was amiss.
9. The politician's sudden change in stance left the public feeling that something was amiss.
10. The dog's behavior was unusual, and the owner suspected something was amiss.
11. The empty cookie jar was a clear sign that a midnight snack had gone amiss.
12. The missing chapter in the book made readers suspect something was amiss with the manuscript.
13. The absence of the ship from the harbor was a sure sign that something was amiss.
14. The phone call at that hour seemed amiss and made her anxious.
15. He noticed something amiss in the financial report.
16. He found it amiss that the company wasn't following safety regulations.
17. She couldn't put her finger on what was amiss, but something felt off.
18. He thought something was amiss with the political situation.
19. She noticed something amiss in the patient's symptoms.
20. He found it amiss that the company wasn't following environmental regulations.
21. She felt something amiss in the situation and decided to investigate.
22. He found it amiss that the company wasn't following labor laws.
23. She noticed something amiss in her neighbor's behavior and became suspicious.
24. He thought something was amiss in the way the government was handling the crisis.
25. She found it amiss that the company wasn't following ethical standards.