Examples of 'asphyxiate' in a Sentence
1. Plastic bags can be dangerous for small children who may asphyxiate if they put them over their heads.
2. You could potentially asphyxiate if you're caught in a room filled with smoke from a fire.
3. Without a proper air supply, an astronaut could asphyxiate in space.
4. Divers who stay underwater too long without an oxygen source may asphyxiate.
5. An avalanche survivor could asphyxiate if not rescued quickly due to the lack of air supply.
6. In a sealed room, a person could asphyxiate if the oxygen runs out.
7. Incorrect use of a gas heater in a small room could asphyxiate those inside.
8. In a submarine, if the air recycling system fails, the crew could asphyxiate.
9. The excessive carbon monoxide in the garage can asphyxiate you if you stay there too long.
10. Choking on a small object can asphyxiate a toddler, so always keep such things out of their reach.
11. Too much inhalation of toxic fumes can asphyxiate a person.
12. If a scuba diver's oxygen tank fails, they could asphyxiate before reaching the surface.
13. In high altitudes, without supplemental oxygen, climbers can asphyxiate due to low oxygen levels.
14. Being trapped in a sinking car could asphyxiate you if you can't escape in time.