Examples of 'communism' in a Sentence
1. Some countries in the world still follow communism as their governing ideology.
2. In practice, communism often results in a centralized form of government.
3. Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels first described the concept of communism in "The Communist Manifesto."
4. Communism and capitalism have often been portrayed as opposing ideologies.
5. After the revolution, the country transitioned from a monarchy to communism.
6. A major criticism of communism is that it can stifle individual incentive and innovation.
7. Many famous works of literature explore themes of communism and its impact on society.
8. Communism aims to abolish class distinctions among citizens.
9. In theory, communism should provide all members of society with equal opportunities and benefits.
10. Some people conflate socialism and communism, but there are key differences between the two.
11. While communism seeks to create a stateless society, in reality, this has been difficult to achieve.
12. The spread of communism was a significant factor in the geopolitical landscape of the 20th century.
13. Critics of communism argue that it often leads to totalitarian regimes.
14. The ideological conflict between capitalism and communism defined much of global politics in the second half of the 20th century.
15. Understanding the principles of communism requires a study of historical and socioeconomic contexts.
16. The collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991 marked the end of one of the world's most influential communist states.