Examples of 'compound' in a Sentence
1. The toxic compound in the air posed a danger to the residents living nearby.
2. The company's expansion plans involved building a new manufacturing compound.
3. The chemist mixed various elements to create a new compound with unique properties.
4. The compound bow provided a higher level of accuracy and power compared to traditional bows.
5. The compound adjective added clarity and specificity to the description of the product.
6. The military base was heavily guarded and surrounded by a high compound wall.
7. The compound interest on his investments resulted in significant growth over time.
8. The scientist discovered a new compound that showed promise in treating cancer.
9. The compound word was formed by combining two separate words to create a new meaning.
10. The compound fracture required surgery to align and stabilize the broken bones.
11. The compound microscope allowed scientists to observe microscopic organisms in great detail.
12. The athlete's training routine included a series of compound exercises to target multiple muscle groups.
13. The compound annual growth rate of the company exceeded expectations, indicating a thriving business.
14. The chef's secret sauce was made from a compound of carefully selected herbs and spices.