Examples of 'dampen' in a Sentence
1. Her criticism served only to dampen his creative impulses.
2. They used wet blankets to dampen the fire and prevent it from spreading.
3. Using headphones can dampen the noise from a busy environment.
4. The mist began to dampen her hair as she walked through the forest.
5. A sudden illness can dampen one’s plans for travel.
6. She had to dampen the cloth before wiping the dusty table.
7. A brief shower is enough to dampen the ground during a drought.
8. The recent setbacks did not dampen the team's determination to win.
9. The coach tried to dampen expectations ahead of the big game.
10. The government implemented measures to dampen the inflation rate.
11. He used a sponge to dampen the stamps before putting them on the envelopes.
12. They were hoping to dampen the vibrations with the new shock absorbers.
13. The forecast predicts rain, which might dampen the outdoor festivities.
14. The news of his failure dampened his spirits and left him feeling disheartened.