Examples of 'derive' in a Sentence
1. You can derive the area of a triangle by multiplying the base by the height and dividing by two.
2. He derives satisfaction from completing a challenging project.
3. The scientist is attempting to derive new insights from the data.
4. Many pharmaceutical drugs derive from natural plant compounds.
5. By studying historical events, we can derive lessons for the present.
6. Children derive their sense of security from stable and loving environments.
7. The company derives a significant portion of its revenue from overseas sales.
8. You can derive the meaning of unfamiliar words through context clues.
9. Many people derive comfort and guidance from their religious beliefs.
10. Plants derive nutrients from the soil in which they grow.
11. The author derives inspiration from her travels around the world.
12. Artists often derive new techniques by studying the works of masters.
13. We can derive the equation of motion from Newton’s laws.
14. She derives her strength and determination from her family's support.