Examples of 'alimony' in a Sentence
1. Tom's lawyer helped him negotiate a fair alimony settlement.
2. Tina was surprised when her ex-husband requested an increase in alimony payments.
3. Julia used her alimony to buy a new home for herself and her kids.
4. The judge reduced Peter's alimony payments due to his financial hardship.
5. Alimony laws vary from state to state in the United States.
6. Emily received alimony even though she had a well-paying job.
7. Mike resented paying alimony to his former spouse.
8. Maria's lawyer argued for higher alimony payments based on her needs.
9. Jessica's ex-husband stopped paying alimony without any warning.
10. Alimony can be tax-deductible for the payer in some cases.
11. The court ordered temporary alimony while the divorce proceedings continued.
12. Steve was surprised when his ex-wife waived her right to alimony.
13. Lisa's ex-husband was required to provide health insurance as part of the alimony agreement.
14. Negotiating a fair alimony settlement was the most challenging part of their divorce.